Understand Dosha, its impact on health and disease and interaction with the environment at elementary level
Draw an effective nutritional and lifestyle plan based on the Dosha and seasons. Incorporate herbs for daily personal care.
Gain a deeper understanding of the Marma, Nadi & Yoga for the mind, body, spirit, and sensory integration.
Holistic, eco-spiritual approach of Ayurveda and Yoga for serving self and community.
This course focuses on understanding the Dosha (body type) and its influence on mind-body-spirit.
Module 1: Ayurveda Foundation - 4 credits
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda
- 5 elements and their 20 qualities
- 5 indriyas (sensories)
Module 2: Ayurveda 101 (application to self and community care) - 4 credits
- Lifestyle, daily and seasonal routines
- Six tastes and kitchen pharmacy
- Agni and am
- Importance of digestion
Module 3: Role of Mind-Body-Spirit/Emotional-Sensory - 3 credits
- Mind and psychology
- Prana, Marma & Nari and their roles in transforming our experiences
- Spiritual qualities and their roles in healing
- Meditation and collective consciousness
Module 4: Health, Wellness & Disease - 3 credits
- Ayurvedic and Yogic perspective to health and wellness
- Therapeutic approaches to wellness
- Factors influencing health and disease
- Prevention of disease and maintenance of health
* NOTE: Books and herbs cost not included. The tax has been applied to the total price, $ CAD